Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dinosaur Cake

Every year I donate a cake to a silent auction for our local food bank.  Last year’s winner wanted a dinosaur cake for her 3 year old son Ian who loves dinosaurs.

www.savingdougssanity.blogspot.com

The dinosaurs were made from chocolate lollipop molds.  I used gumpaste to make large leaves for the trees, and when they were dry I attached them to pretzel rods with melted chocolate.  I actually found the large chocolate boulders at the grocery store a few months earlier and said to myself “I need to remember those, they look like real rocks!”  I think they look much better than if I had tried to make boulders from fondant.  Plus they’re chocolate!  Some chocolate covered bridge mix and buttercream leaves were the final touches.

Happy Birthday Ian!

No comments:

Post a Comment