Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Open Rose Patchwork Cutter

I ordered some cake goodies for myself for Christmas and one of the items was a patchwork cutter.  I have been looking at these for a while and decided to give it a try.  The cutter looks like this… OPEN ROSE
I purchased mine from Global Sugar Art.  I was originally going to use it as a stamp for brush embroidery but since the cake I was making was iced with buttercream I decided to use it as a cutter this time.  Hopefully I’ll have an occasion to use it as a stamp soon!
The cake was a small oval and I used a line impression mat on the sides to give it some interest.  I cut each flower out of fondant and dusted them with luster dust.  Then I placed one rose at the bottom on each side of the cake.  I was going to write Happy Birthday on the top because it was a birthday gift but I decided the single rose on top looked best.  Here is the finished product!
P1020211
Happy Birthday Betty!
And because I always take multiple pictures I thought I’d show you all the views…
P1020213
P1020218
P1020217
This cutter was very easy to work with and I can see multiple uses and lots of different styles that could be made with it.  Now I just need some time to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment