Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Kolby's Police Car Cake

I seem to get requests for cake cars quite a bit. They can be time consuming but I love the detail and focus they require. Cars for children are usually more playful and abstract while adults are more impressed by realism. Either way I always have to tell myself to “drop the gumpaste tools and walk away!” I could add details to these cakes all night.

This police car was made using the Wilton 3D cruiser cake pan. It is covered with black and white fondant. I didn’t really have a plan for this one; I just decorated while looking at a photo of a police car.

I really wanted to add flashing lights to this cake but my local craft stores did not have wireless LEDs and I did not leave myself time to order them. I guess I should order those after I finishing writing this so next time I’ll have them.

The base cake is an 11 x 15 marble cake with chocolate buttercream.
 
20101208 untitled
Happy Birthday Kolby!

No comments:

Post a Comment