Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Wedding Cake Chronicle - Intro

This weekend I will be completing my last wedding cake.  If you read my earlier post, I decided wedding cakes are just too stressful for me as a hobby baker.  But I agreed to this cake earlier this year and I can’t go back on my word.

As I was putting together my game plan for this wedding cake I decided it might be fun(?) to chronicle my activities during the week leading up to the cake delivery.  So if you are thinking about doing a wedding cake and want to see what’s involved (from a hobby baker's perspective), or just want to share in my pain joy, be sure to stay tuned….

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your chronicle. I am too a hobby baker and wedding cakes scare me. Like you said in the other post, weddings are very important. A birthday cake is not as big of a deal. They will have another one next year. Good luck and I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey!!!! I thought you weren't making anymore wedding cakes!!!! isn't that what we talked about...hmmmmmm haha! just kidding.
    Hey I hear you...I just said No to my VERY CLOSE friend's wedding cake :/ sucks big time...
    but I am a homeschooling mama,plus,I am at sports and Karate with my child 4 days a week...and I have a family member move in to my home...so my responsibilities will increase,so I said No to that GORGEOUS 5 tier wedding cake :/
    WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!!! YOU CAN DO IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I know but when I made that decision I had already agreed to this one so I had to do it :) Beleive me, no more!

    ReplyDelete