Monday, July 12, 2010

Surprise!

When I saw this design on cakecentral.com I thought it was the cutest thing ever.  So when a co-worker asked if I could do Elmo I showed her a photo and she said it was perfect.

Pre work consisted of cutting out small fondant stars and curled fondant triangles, and making a color flow Elmo and street sign (see previous post).  The ABCs, 123s  and swirls were piped with buttercream.  Elmo was on two lollipop sticks so it was easy to insert him into the cake.  The fondant curls were just placed into the buttercream.  Of course the cake was chocolate with chocolate buttercream filling, what could be better for 3 year olds?

20100617 P6170126
Happy Birthday Zuri!

This cake was fun and a well needed therapy session after my last wedding cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment