Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Why am I blogging?

A few friends suggested I start a blog about my food adventures. I didn’t really know what was involved or even how to start one. I read a blog post http://www.theeverydayblogger.com/2009/08/how-to-pick-the-right-topic-for-your-blog.html about choosing a topic for your blog. She says write about what you can’t stop talking about. Hmmmm….I immediately think about cakes, cake decorating, and planning Girl’s Nights In.

But then I struggle with a name. What do I call my blog? All of my initial (and uncreative) thoughts are taken. So I decide to think about it. One night at dinner I ask my husband, Doug, if he has any ideas what to name my blog. Although he had no immediate ideas, a few days later while we were (again) out to dinner; I was talking about a cake I needed to decorate for a co-worker. He says, “Can we have one day where you don’t say the word cake?” I laugh but think...and after a few iterations I have it! Saving Doug’s Sanity! I can use the blog to talk about all of my cake ideas, planning, failures, and successes; therefore saving my wonderful husband the agony of listening to me talk about cake all the time!

The only other thing that is holding me back from starting to write is “Will anyone actually want to read what I have to talk about?” I run it by some friends and they say they would, maybe they are being nice, but I figure what the heck!? I won’t know until I try.

So my plan is to share with you my adventures in creating cakes and party planning/entertaining ideas. Who knows I may even add another hobby that I won’t be able to stop talking about, that is, if I can find the time.

2 comments: