Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!

The Tastefully Simple party was fun. All of their items are either open and serve, or add 1 or 2 items max. Quite simple. They send the hostess a kit of items to make for serving at the party and I have to say all of it was very good. OK, maybe I could have done without the Key Lime Cheese Ball but everyone else seemed to enjoy it. The prices didn't seem too bad either but I may have to reevaluate that statement after I receive the items and see the size of the packages.

The peanut butter silk cake was a hit! I was slightly worried, as I was cutting the pieces it looked dry (my worst fear is to serve DRY cake!) but it was actually pretty moist, it just looked crumbly. Next time I would bake it just a few minutes less though. The filling was quite tasty and soaked into the cake a little bit. I am happy to say the layers did not slide and the cake stayed in tact during the trip to work. The peanut butter chip decoration was fun too, it took everyone a few seconds to figure it out because they were looking at the bottoms of the chips!

I would consider the new recipe a success. And I can mix and match the cake or the filling with other recipes too! I'm also thinking peanut butter cupcakes with the filling would be good too. I love it when a new recipe works!

Glad to have the weekend off from baking. Looks like nice weather. Is it too early to put up Christmas lights???

No comments:

Post a Comment