Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day off = More baking!

Well, Wednesday is a day off from work, but NOT from baking!

I bake our Birthday celebration cakes at work and decided I'd rather bake on this day off instead of over the weekend. But what should I make? Chocolate and peanut butter is always a favorite, but I have already done chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, TWICE! I decided it's time to start some experimenting, I found a recipe for Peanut Butter Silk Cake. If it turns out well, I'll be sure to share! Also going to bake a white cake with raspberry jam filling and vanilla buttercream frosting.

I have purchased two new pans this week, a Mini Wonder Mold Pan and a Mini Stand Up Bear Pan. Excited to try them. I think I will try to make a doll cake. One of my friends at work was talking about how her Mom used to make one every year for her birthday. I thought it would be nice to make one for her this year (her birthday is Friday). Trying to decide if I will use buttercream frosting or fondant to decorate. I have no ideas for a design at this point. Hopefully something will come to me!

Stay tuned for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment